Monday, May 25, 2009

Sisters, Mothers and Grandmothers




I had a real treat a couple of weekends ago--I was able to spend some time with my sister, mother and my grandmother.  When we all lived in closer proximity to one another, we saw each other all the time.  Now that we are further away, our visits are less frequent, but more valued and cherished.  On Saturday the "ladies" all went out to lunch.  Hannah felt so special to get to join in the grown-up fun!  It was a sweet time.  I so enjoyed visiting with Grandma (my dad's mom).  She has such good insight on the important things in life.  She has lived a full and blessed life of 83 years.  It was a joy to be in her company.  

On Sunday, we all got together for Mother's Day and were a part of my nephew's baptism.  It's always sweet to see Pampa baptize his grandchildren.  It was so great to worship and celebrate together.  We are so thankful for the youngest member of our family, little Liam!  

I am thankful that I was able to celebrate Mother's Day with some of the most important women in my life.  I am thankful for all they have given to me and instilled in me!  I hope to be as encouraging and inspiring to my own daughter as they have been to me.  I have been blessed to have been surrounded by such a loving group of women all of my life.  I love you Mama, Joanna, Mimi and Grandma!  You are truly women whose worth is far above jewels.

P.S.  Nana would want me to clarify, that in the above picture, she is partaking of ROOT beer.  Just in case you were curious. :) 

No comments:

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall