Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Industrious Harry



Harry has discovered the joys of earning money! It all started last week. To speed things up in the morning (because we are ALWAYS running 10 minutes late, which leads to a screaming mama and a crying Hannah...), I have started setting the timer for individual tasks (getting dressed, brushing teeth, making beds). If they finish before the timer goes off, they get a coin. Now Harry has never been one to be interested in doing jobs to earn money. He would much rather play. However, since he has begun collecting money for his morning tasks, he has been bit by the money bug. He keeps asking for jobs to do to earn more coins. This produces a little bit of a problem, as there is a very short list of jobs that he is able to do. He can sort laundry, sweep (sort of), use the handheld vacuum and dust. I do love his enthusiasm, though!

Any ideas from you more seasoned mamas? What are some good jobs for an energetic little boy? I'm looking for chores that will NOT cause me more headache than they are worth! Let me know if you have any suggestions! Harry and I would both appreciate it. :)

Pictured above: Harry sweeping and Harry "sorting" laundry from the clothes chute

1 comment:

michaela said...

He can come to my house and teach Emily a thing or two! I would pay him a coin if he would sweep my floor!

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall