Monday, April 5, 2010

Enjoying our Downtown




It's been sad to see how much the economy has affected the small businesses of our area. I have been making a little more of an effort to shop locally. If you know me at all, you know that this is very much outside of what I would normally do! I am the quintessential "find a bargain" shopper, especially when it comes to food. I really have to change my mindset when I walk into these little shops. Sure, I could buy my wine, thread, spices, tea, and plants from Wal-mart and spend less (a lot less, actually). However, it is satisfying to know that by spending a few dollars more, I am investing in a family and my community. We can't afford to do this all the time, but every once in a while is fun. It's also a great way to get to know people from different walks of life that you would not normally intersect with. So...support the economy where you live and shop somewhere local today!


1 comment:

Ms. Wynn said...

I love reading your blog! You are a terrific person!
Love you,
Aunt Beth

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall