Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Voting Day


Hannah's school was out today for voting day, and as Harry's school was still meeting, we had the whole morning to ourselves. We decided to go to Bob Evans to get her free birthday meal (yes, I know we're about 4 months late on that). Hannah was so cute. Right before we went into the restaurant, she asked if we could pretend it was her birthday while we ate. I said, "Sure!", since we were technically celebrating her birthday. She got so tickled when the waiter brought her free pumpkin bread (for her birthday), and everyone kept wishing her a happy birthday and asking how old she was. It was fun to watch her. We had a great time together, talking about school and dolls, and the upcoming holidays.

It was so nice to take a breather and look across the table and remember what is really important. My daughter has truly been one of God's greatest blessings to me. She is tangible evidence that God is a loving Father who gives the greatest, most needful gifts.

2 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

You make me get teary! I feel that same way about Sister! A precious tangible, good and perfect gift from God. I love that y'all had the morning together!

Renee said...

I can't think of a time that I didn't enjoy going out to breakfast with my family. It always makes for good conversation.

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall