Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hannah and Harry Take D.C., part 1








One of our favorite places that we visited in D.C. was the Museum of Natural History. We spent most of the day there. I have to say, my kids were TROOPERS the whole week. We walked all over the place, and there was a very minimal amount of whining and complaining even though they were running on late nights and no naps. Of course, it did help to have 2 parents, 2 grandparents, and 2 uncles at their disposal.

They were so cute to watch while we were touring the museum. They almost ran from room to room, so excited to discover and explore as much as possible. The one thing that Harry said he wanted to do in D.C. was to see some dinosaurs. When we got to the big room that has the largest dinosaurs, he was so thrilled. Pampa held him for a while so that he could see even more (it was pretty crowded). So fun to see such sweet moments with grandparents!

On a side note, this trip convinced me that I definitely need to invest in something more than a point and shoot. I really like my camera, but it just doesn't cut it in certain situations. I hate to have so many picture perfect opportunities that pass me by! Any suggestions on what to look into?

1 comment:

Wanting What I Have said...

Love, love, love it all! We did the Museum of Natural History a few years ago and it was so fun! If y'all liked it a lot - you really should try to go the Creation Museum. It's in KY - and is Biblically sound - no evolution and billions of year old mammals there! (It's totally worth the drive!)

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall