Sunday, January 4, 2009

Family


This was my favorite picture from Christmas this year.  It was such a gift to be able to spend time with each of my siblings.  I was struck this year especially with how much I enjoy being with my family on the rare occasions that we can all be together.  We are spread out all over the place now: Ohio, Tennessee, Mississippi and Peru.  Every time we are able to get together, I appreciate it so much more.  The gift of family is truly one of God's greatest blessings. 

My favorite memory from Christmas this year was this:  My dad went around the table and told each of his children (and sons-in-laws) what he values most about them and what each of us has brought to our family.  It was such a sweet time to appreciate each other.  I know this is what it is like to be a part of God's family as well.  We each bring something special and unique to His table.  We are not perfect--sometimes our imperfections irritate one another--but we are family and the table is not complete without every member present.  Each of us is valuable and brings our Father's heart great joy.  I am thankful for both of my earthly families, the Huttos and the Rosses.  I am especially thankful for God's ever growing family, and my place at His table.  

1 comment:

Laura Vannatta said...

It may a be the pregnancy hormones, but it brought tears to my eyes reading how your dad went around and told each of the kids how he appreciates them :) That's so sweet!

Praise God for family!

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall