Sunday, October 4, 2009

Girlies being girlie!





Ken went to NC this weekend to play in a golf tournament with his dad.  He decided to give me the sweetest birthday present (a few days early)--a weekend alone with my daughter!  He took Harris with him so he could have some fun alone time with his Mimi. 

I have never spent an entire weekend with just one of my kids and it was such a treat!!!  We had a great weekend together.  Hannah took me out for an early birthday dinner on Friday night (isn't she sweet!).  We then went shopping for new fall clothes for her, which was fun for both of us.  We watched several girlie movies of her choice, decorated the house for fall, and then went to see "Cloudy with a Chance for Meatballs" on Saturday.  She picked the dinner place on Saturday night, and ordered a hamburger as big as her head.  I was shocked when she ate almost the whole thing--I even couldn't finish mine!  We had a sleepover in my room both nights, which was her favorite thing of all. :)

As much fun as we had, she and I have both missed the men of the house.  We are looking forward to their return tonight.  By the way, Harris had a wonderful weekend with Mimi.  She took him to pick apples on Saturday.  They also got to watch a college baseball team practice (where Harris was given a baseball by the coach) and went to look at some airplanes before leaving today.  Sounds like a great weekend was had by everyone. 

1 comment:

Paige said...

Oh Abby! Hannah is so beautiful. She is just gorgeous and looks so happy! As I sat here reading this post, it dawned on me just how little Hannah was at my wedding! She was a baby! And, I was thinking..."was that Hannah or Harris?" Boy has she grown! I'm used to seeing myself with older kids, but it is honestly weird to think of you being a mother of a kindergartner! WOW! And another thought I had while reading was..."I wish I had one of those...." (those being girls). Nobody in this house likes to go shopping with Mommy! And, another thing...Happy very Belated Birthday!!! I guess at least I didn't get the month wrong. It looks like it was a very special bday! I would love to meet up somewhere sometime soon! Got any ideas?

Love you!
Paige

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall