Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Go Bucks!





When my dad came into town this past weekend for an OSU game, we all went with him to campus.  It was so fun to see him in his element--touring the campus he loves and telling us little stories here and there about the memories he made during his college years.  It's fun to find out what your parent's life was like before you existed--the experiences that helped to shape them into the person they have become.  I have always felt that my dad was born a "grown-up", and that he always knew what he was doing and where he was going.  He has always been mature and sober-minded in my eyes.  It was so interesting to hear about the turmoil of his college experience: he worked his way through school, keeping up good grades while all the time wondering if he would be shipped off to Vietnam.  He was never really certain what the future held for him.  I can't imagine the pressure that he felt, and I am very thankful that my college experience was quite different.  It makes me thankful for all of the men and women who have served and are serving our country to ensure that our young men and women can go to school and enjoy being young.  I'm thankful for the time I was able to spend with my dad this weekend.  I look forward to many more tours of his hometown!  

No comments:

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall