Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas: Day 2


Today I would like to express my thankfulness for my husband! He is a wonderful man. Over the last 6 1/2 years, I have grown more and more appreciative for his gifts and abilities. He is kind and gentle. He is the quiet strength that holds our family together. On our way to my parent's house for Christmas, we got caught in a blizzard in West Virginia. From 5:30 p.m. to midnight, we sat in our car in stand still traffic. Finally (after screaming children woke up in their car seats at 12:00 a.m.), we turned around and found a hotel. NOT ONCE did my husband lose his temper or self control. I was losing it all over the place! :) That story is a perfect picture of his calm, steady spirit. It is truly a gift.


I am thankful for a husband who loves the Lord, desires to walk with Him, and strives to honor Him with his life. I am thankful for a husband who is humble, non-argumentative, who always puts others first, loves his wife (I am truly spoiled!), and is dedicated to loving and teaching his children. Second to Christ, he is the greatest blessing my life has known. I look forward to many, many years of knowing and loving this wonderful man.
Pictured above: my superhero, with Buzz Lightyear.

No comments:

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall