Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Twelve Days of Christmas: Day 3







So, of course, I'm a little behind on my 12 days. Traveling back home from NC has put a kink in my well laid plans! :) However, I have been contemplating each day what I have to be thankful for. For day 3, I would like to thank God for my little girl! She is a delight to my soul with her kindness, her tender-heart towards others, and her love for her family. So many times I look at her and wonder at God's goodness to me! I was only 22 when she was born, and I felt completely overwhelmed with the responsibility of being a mom. The thought that she would be looking to me to see what kind of woman she should be, almost paralyzed me with fear. How thankful I am for a God who supplies us with all that we need when He calls us to do a task for Him! Somehow we have made it through 5 years together, with no major scars or missing appendages! :)

I am thankful for my little girl, my sweet little friend. I am thankful for the time we get to spend "just girls" together. I am so incredibly thankful for the love she has for God and for the people around her. I look forward to watching her continue to grow into a beautiful, godly young woman. Most of all, I am thankful for a God who would give such a wonderful gift to such an undeserving person.

No comments:

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall