Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Twelve Days of Christmas: Day 4







For Day 4, I am thankful for my little boy! By the way, the thankfulness was in order of birth, not importance! :) I love my little dude! He is spunky, energetic, sweet, and simply precious! He fills our home with laughter and joy. Following so closely on the heels of his older sister, I was afraid that he might get lost in the shuffle, but he has made his presence known. :) He has a funny sense of humor that keeps us laughing all the time. He loves his family and has been enjoying making new friends at school (though his best friend or "brother" JJ will always have first place on the friend list).

I look forward to seeing all that God will do in and through my little man. He is so perceptive--he never misses a thing. I look hopefully to the day that God will use the gifts He has given him for His glory. He is a leader already--and we pray that God will continue to grow kindness in him as well. I am excited for the man I know he will one day be!

There is no greater gift from God than children, and I believe that sons hold a special significance. After all, it was through His own Son that God chose to save the world. It is through our sons that the world will be brought under the dominion of our King! As they lead in their families, churches and communities, they proclaim the faithfulness of One who has saved them. This is my prayer for my own son, that He will shine the Light and Love of Jesus as he loves, works, leads, and serves during his time here on earth. May many more sons follow in his footsteps! I am thankful for a God who not only saves individuals, but whole lineages of people--redeeming the world throughout the ages through the blood of His own Son. We have a God who gave up His dearest possession so that He might gain many more sons and daughters! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Abby,
Thanks so much for the encouraging comments on my blog. You are a treasure and I am so thankful for you and Ken and your prayers!!
Love to you,
Renee

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall