Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


Ken and I celebrated our 6th anniversary on Sunday!  We were busy with church activities on the actual day of our anniversary, so we celebrated on Saturday night.  We went to a quaint little town about 30 minutes away from where we live.  We browsed the shops on the main street of town and then ate at the inn in the downtown area.  It was such a wonderful evening!  We try to go on dates at least once a month, and it is AMAZING to be able to have a conversation with one another without being interrupted! :)

These past few years we have seen many of our friends' marriages become troubled and several of them end in divorce.  Ken and I have had our own troubled times as well.  I have become increasingly more thankful for a husband who is committed to his relationship with the Lord and committed to his love for me.  He is always looking for new and better ways to serve me and our kids.  He is generous, loving, and self sacrificial.  I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man!  I am also thankful for a God who models unfailing, unselfish, and constant love for us.  "A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart" (Eccl. 4:12b).  I know that without the presence of that third Strand, we would not be able to make it!  I am thankful for all He has done to bind our hearts and lives together over the past six years.  I am looking forward to many, many more.

5 comments:

Swift Eagle Works said...

God is the only hard glue that can keep our marriages intact! Keep looking up to him! Congratulations on your 6th anniiversary!

Renee said...

You are a very, very precious couple. I am glad you celebrated your big day! Congrats!

Ms. Wynn said...

Oh, how I love you and your precious family! Happy, happy anniversary!
Aunt Beth

awc said...

Happy, happy anniversary!! I hope y'all had a great time celebrating!!!

Will and Carley said...

hope y'all had a great anniversary!!!

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall