Monday, June 1, 2009

Let it snow!


When we went in to get Harry up from his nap yesterday, this is the scene we found.  Harry had taken all of the stuffing out of his bean bag and spread it out all over his room!  When asked what had possessed him to do this, he replied, "I wanted to play snow!".  At least he is creative.

I find it humorous how the past often revisits you.  I have heard all of my life about what a handful I was as a child.  I was often "experimenting" and leaving a wake of disasters behind me.  Now that I have a curious and creative child, I wonder how my mother survived my childhood without killing either of us.  I don't ever remember her even yelling at me (although I did spend a lot of "alone" time in my room to think about what I had done).  This is a good thing to keep in mind with my own little one.  I actually was able to laugh about this snow storm (after the talking to and clean-up).  

I told Harry that I was taking this picture to document his childhood for when he is a parent one day.  I made him make a sad face (so he could remember that this was not one of his best ideas).  He also had to pick up all of the stuffing and put it back in the bean bag, which took about an hour.  Let me just say, it is a wonderful thing that God has given him such a happy, enjoyable personality to go along with his healthy curiosity!  I love my little mess-machine! 

1 comment:

Renee said...

I called Andy in to see the picture and we got a good laugh. We both remembered the story at your rehearsal dinner of "the ball point pen". So funny!

"The Lord bless you, and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

Fall